Monday, December 21, 2009

Train Wreck

I thought carefully about Mr. Massey’s words about his treasured friend. Then, true to my OSIJ training, I decided to go ahead and write a no-holds-barred, investigative piece anyway, exposing whatever sordid details I uncovered. If Hideki's life had, indeed, become a train wreck, then it was my job to show that train wreck to the world.


To that end, I decided to include with this article several controversial photographs of Hideki in the midst of his downfall. I say controversial mostly because Hideki’s “people”, of which I suspect there is now only one, have threatened to sue me if these photographs are made public, but as I know full well, this is to be expected in the world of investigative journalism. Besides, it will provide a budding investigative journalist like me, not to mention Hideki himself, with some extra publicity, which certainly couldn’t hurt either of us. As they say, bad news is good news in the world of news.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.