Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mandy's E-mails

I finally got an answer to my e-mail inquiry regarding Hideki's whereabouts. It was from a woman in Toronto named Mandy. This was her response:


Sorry but there's no one living here by that name. Good luck in your search.


Sincerely,

Mandy Winters


We journalists are taught to be persistent, so this morning I sent her a jpeg of Hideki. Here's the e-mail I just received back:


Where did you get this picture? That's my son, Samuel. He's been missing for over a year now. He looks kind of grown up here. I don't know what to think. If you're trying to scare me or scam me, you're barking up the wrong tree. Are you a friend of Samuel's from school? Or one of the bullies who made his life so miserable? If this is some prank, you better leave me alone! I've had enough of you bullies bothering me and my son!


Mandy


So I seem to have located not only Hideki, whose real name appears to be Samuel, but also his mother. I suppose it's possible he has a twin. And he's apparently been missing for more than a year, which is how long Hideki's brief career in the art world lasted. So just who is this Mandy Winters? And why would 40-something 'Samuel' still be in high school? Is he really a teacher? Maybe he teaches art?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.