Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tush much

Then Hideki blew the largest bubblegum bubble I'd ever seen, completely obscuring his face, if only temporarily. He'd, of course, had plenty of practice with bubble-shaped objects, though now they were comprised of much different ingredients. When the gum popped, the look on my face was either one of bewilderment or one of anger. Ms. Winters soon dispelled this. A small blonde head peeked up behind the 'boy'. The face attached to that blonde head was rather gaudily made up with blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick.


“Are you Mandy Winters?” I asked. The woman smiled and nodded, pushing Hideki out of the way and extending her hand to me.


As Mandy warmly welcomed me inside her home, Hideki turned his back on me and ambled away, still listening to his iPod. Pointing in his general direction, I asked Mandy, “Is this your…partner?”


Mandy looked shocked. “Partner? No, this is my son, Samuel. I told you about him in my email.”


I looked at the departing back of 'Samuel' again. He was silently boogeying to his iTunes, shaking what I noticed was a rather large behind for such a supposedly young man. It was considerably larger than I'd recalled Hideki's being, but then I'd never really noticed Hideki's tush much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.