Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fugue, and I don't mean Bach

After introducing myself, Mandy let me in, and as she prepared a pot of tea, I took the opportunity to look around her living room. 'Samuel' continued to play his Xbox games, seemingly oblivious to my presence, yet of course it had to be an act, unless he'd been seized by some form of amnesia. I'd read about 'fugues' in which a mentally ill person wanders about in a daze, out of touch with reality. I'd also heard of people being struck over the head, or otherwise emotionally traumatized, and lapsing into amnestic states. But assuming a completely different persona? I supposed it was possible, but as they say, anything's possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.